Error when downloading

Discuss any Habit Browser related bugs and issues you are encountering here, and a forum member may be able to assist you. This forum is not monitored by the developer, so please e-mail the developer for a faster and more accurate response.
helena.s

Error when downloading

Postby helena.s » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 am

Hi, everyone!

Since I downloaded this app, I was neber able to download anything. I'm using Lenovo K6 with Android 7. I tried to reinstall the browser and change settings, but still giving an error message ("download failed") with every file (pdf, jpeg..). Does anyone know how to fix It?

Thanks!

Jenan

Re: Error when downloading

Postby Jenan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi. I wish this was an answer, instead I'm hoping for a solution too. I looked forever to find a customizable browser like this. When I found Habit Browser and set it up, I was in heaven... that is until I tried to download anything. I've read a lot of people are having the same issue with Android 7, yet others say the browser is working just fine with Nougat. Is there a solution we're missing? I love this browser! The last thing I want to do is leave it behind but I can't even save an image. It won't allow access to my SD card, which seems to be the issue. That would be the internal storage, not an actual SD card. I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who could help. Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have a solution, please take a moment to help those of us who want to continue to use this browser.
Many thanks. :)

o dako

Postby o dako » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 am

Hello, I've got the same issue, but on Marshmallow 6.01.
Another strange thing, I can't create backups where I want, only in /storage/emulated/

Thanks to you Mura.k if you solve this problem

o dako

Postby o dako » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:45 am

Finally, I uninstalled HB and installed an older version, 1.1.75, and every thing works fine, download and import/export parameters.
Maybe it's a bug with the last version ?

MzArchr

Postby MzArchr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:00 pm

When using Marshmallow and Nougat, I downloaded an Xposed module called 'Marshmallow SD Fix'. This solved the download issues for me, and allowed me to download to the directory of my choice. However, the downside is, is that Xposed and its modules will only work on rooted phones.

Return to “Bugs/Issues”